Specify nuget repository when creating the release

Hello,

Is it possible to specify the nuget repository when creating the release?
The reason I am asking is because I’d like to use the same project for deploying either a package located in our official NuGet repository or a package not in the repository yet but in a given location, e.g. on a local machine. This would be useful when we want to deploy and test a package in a dev environment but don’t want to push the package yet.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Carole

Hi Carole,

We don’t have this specific feature, however the feed ID can be bound to a variable (which may be different per environment or per machine) by clicking the square-ish “binding helper” button beside the feed selection drop-down. Not sure if this helps, but might trigger some ideas.

Cheers,
Nick

Hi Nicholas,
Ok, thanks, I’ll probably use that indeed.
Kind regards,
Carole

I tried to do what you suggested (at least I think).
I created 2 feeds (feed1 and feed2) under Configuration>NuGet.
I created 2 variables in my project with the same name but different scope: nugetRepo: feed1 for Env1 and nugetRepo: feed2 for Env2.
When I try to create the release something doesn’t work. Looks like the release is created but then I can’t go to it. All I can see is a red screen.
Can you provide me with an example of what you had in mind in exactly? I am not sure how to find the feed id to a variable.

Thanks.

Sent: 15 January 2014 11:48
To: 'Nicholas Blumhardt’
Subject: RE: Specify nuget repository when creating the release [Questions #1704]

Hi Nicholas,
Ok, thanks, I’ll probably use that indeed.
Kind regards,
Carole

Ah - sorry about this, I think we’ve run into a dead end (the UI and other parts of the app require an actual feed in order to pull back package information to drive the process).

We could potentially work around this but it is complicated so not likely in the near future.

Is there any chance of using a HOSTS file on your development machines to redirect the production NuGet feed’s hostname to a different server?

Regards,
Nick