Special Characters in Custom Account Password seems to pass invalid characters

Hi,

We are using version 3.2.6 and experiencing same issue, In my script I am trying to update username and password for an application pool. It fails to start the application pool but when I change password manually it works. My password contains $ sign in it, I think that might be the culprit. Also I pass username and password to script using the variable-sets, Is there any workaround for this ?

Thanks,

Ram

Hi Henrik,

I see that issue #2169 is closed, but I didn’t find any proper resolution for it. Did u guys fix it? are you releasing it in a newer octopus version? For now I am using below work aroung to fix the issue, instead of adding it in variable set.

Set-OctopusVariable -Name “password” -Value “password123$”

Thanks,

Ram

Hi Ram,

Unfortunately, it looks like we’ve been unable to reproduce the issue in 3.2.8.

Perhaps if you could setup an Octopus instance with a minimal project that experience this issue and then using the export functionality to export the setup and provide it to us we could then investigate the issue further, is that something that you could do for us?

Thank you and kind regards,
Henrik

I’m on vacation from Monday 12/21 through Monday 12/28, returning Tuesday 12/29.

Hi Henrik,

I have upgraded octopus to latest version 3.2.13 and facing a similar kind of issue now. I am trying to update a web.config file using the octopus library, below is the value i am trying to add. (this is added to octopus library)
connection string="data source=xxxx;initial catalog=SaServices;integrated security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework"

When this is added to web.config file, it is adding an extra “amp” with & sign.
below is the value which is added to web.config file. Please let me know how to fix this?

connection string="data source=xxxxinitial catalog=SAServices;integrated security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework&

Please find the attached raw log file,.

Thanks,

Ram

ServerTasks-2104.log.txt (13 KB)