Skip manual tasks

Hello,

Why can’t I skip the manual tasks when I setup a deployment When I say deploy in staging for example I click on “advanced >>” then I am able to skip all the steps I want except the manual one.

Regards,

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for getting in touch! Not being able to skip manual interventions is by design. Having a developer skip a manual intervention that might be required by Ops would be bad.
We have a UV suggestion for this but it only has one lonely vote http://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestions/6429837-allow-skipping-manual-deployment-steps
Please go through vote, and comment and see if we can get some community support behind the idea.

Hope that helps!
Vanessa

I think that you should let the possibility to choose if we can skip it or not with a setting at the project level. This would be great.

Thank you for your reply!

Still another remark about this: when one of the steps of my deploy process fail, It isn’t practical to relaunch the process after the fix because I need to do all the manual steps who have been already done.

Hi Benjamin,

That’s a good point. Is there any way that a guided failure could work for you in the mean time while the feature gets some community support and traction?

Vanessa

Yes it will do the trick for the moment thank you for the support.

Regards,

Benjamin