Skip environment in process doesn't work

Hi,
In the Octopus project, I would like to skip some steps on ProdApproval, so I selected “Skip specific environments” but when I’m deploying to Prod Approval it is not skipping those steps I specified.

this is actually not working for only one project among all I have in Octopus especially for few steps in that specific project.

Please find the images attached, Step 1,2 and 3 should run in Prod Approval but everything else are marked not to run on that env(Img1), but when I make a release to Prod Approval(Img2) it skipped steps 4,5,6 but not after that. All steps from 7 are coming in Prod Approval release.

Can someone please help me how to fix this.

Hi @Amulya,

Thanks for getting in touch! I have done some testing on my end but I am not able to reproduce this behaviour. I may need to get some more information from you to get a better idea of what could be going wrong here.

Would you be able to let me know what version of Octopus you are currently using?

From the screenshot you have attached, it looks like the project has had some changes made to it after the release creation. Would you be able to create a new release and let me know if you are encountering this issue on the newly created release?

I was not able to find any bugs raised or resolved for this issue. If this is working as expected in the newly created release as mentioned above, would it be possible that the steps 7, 8.1, 8.1, 8.2 were excluded from the Prod Approval environment after the release in the screenshot 1903.0.83 was created?

Looking forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel Thanks for your reply,

I am using Octopus v2018.8.7
and yes, when we create new release also it doesn’t work
Among all steps 4,5,6 are working properly but not after that

steps1,2,3 are anyways need to be run only on Prod Approval, they are excluded when I deploy to other environments(working fine)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.