Skip a step

We are currently running Octopus version 1.3.0.1535 .

When a deployment fails and you choose to rerun there is an option to skip certain steps this includes the Manual Authorisation step we have configured. Is it possible to prevent the user from skipping this step?

Thanks
Sam

Hi Sam,

I’ll make it an option of the manual step (“Allow this step to be skipped during a deployment”) in the next release.

Paul

Hi Paul,

It looks like this feature has been released with 1.6, but I can’t find the option on my server (running the latest version). Do you have any suggestions for what I might be missing?

Thanks
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

We changed the approach to this; users in the approval group will be allowed to skip manual steps when creating the deployment.

Paul

Thanks for the info, Paul.

When I am editing my step, under Approval Group, it says “You can limit the users who should perform the step by selecting a group above.”

Does this mean that only members of that group would be able to actually have the deployment continue from the manual step?

What I’m trying to do is create a manual step for the person who started the deployment to have to verify that they actually are deploying to the correct environment before proceeding and I’m trying to prevent anyone from skipping that step.

Thanks,
Ryan

Thanks for the update Ryan, currently we don’t have a way to support this but we’ll try to add it to a future release.

Paul