Simultaneous Deployments to Single Environment

I’m wondering if it’s possible to re-configure the behavior of queueing multiple deployments to the same environment and instead execute them in parallel. The deployments are set up to deploy to a single environment and target a specific set of machines on that environment.

We have a set up where there are multiple different sets of machines that execute various tests at different times throughout the day. While setting up multiple environments would give me this particular behavior, it’d also create over 10 extra environments that would solely be used for this one particular deployment project.

Hi Austin,

Perhaps this docs page would be what you’re after?

Hope that helps!

Thank you and kind regards,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

I have tried adding this variable to my project, but subsequent deployments still are queued waiting for other deployments in the same project and environment.

Hi Austin,

Just to confirm my understanding of your current situation, you want to deploy the same project multiple times to the same environment in parallel?

Could you explain a bit more of your project setup that would require this functionality? Are you running different steps within the project deployment process for different deployments?

Thank you,

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Your understanding is accurate.

Like I mentioned, the deployments are in parallel, but targeting a unique set of specific machines, so the deploys never conflict with one another (but I can understand how things could easily step on one another in a scenario like this).

In our scenario we’ve got 10+ sets of test machine servers that only exist for this one particular project. While a different environment for each machine would likely also resolve this particular problem, that solution would seem to be creating many sparse environments that are only used by a single project.

Hi Austin,

Ok, how about this, could you set all your deployment steps to run in parallel and have each of the steps scoped to a role that each of the unique set of machines have been assigned? Something like the screenshots attached.

This way all steps in the project would run in parallel and all sets of machines would get deployed to in parallel.

I hope this helps.

Thank you and warm regards,
Henrik