Show the user who did the package promotion in the logs

Right now, the logs don’t indicate what user did a deployment. Would be nice to know from an auditing standpoint what user did the deploy and even indicate if it was done via API or the website.

On a similar note, would be nice to see the same information on the release creation, of who created it, how, and when.

Hi Rob,

Funny story, I am actually working on that feature right now :slight_smile: I expect I’ll release it on Monday morning with a blog post.

Paul

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: 20/07/2012 17:50
To: Paul Stovell
Subject: Show the user who did the package promotion in the logs [Ideas and suggestions]

Paul,

I realise this is a relatively old post but I can’t find this feature in 1.6.0.1714. Did it make it into the product and if so where can I find who promoted a release?

Nick

Hi Nick,

When viewing a deployment, there’s a section on the right titled “Details” which shows when the deployment was queued and the duration. Underneath is a section titled “Activity” which tells you who deployed it.

Paul

Paul,

Nothing appears under the Activity section, see attached screenshot.

Nick

Paul, sorry to pester, should we expect to see the Activity details in version 1.6.0.1714?

We recently upgraded to 1.6.3.1723 and I can confirm that Activity detail is now visible.