Shared Octopus Server

Hi,

We have an octopus server that is shared by numerous teams with numerous projects.

One of the projects takes around 3 hours to complete one of its deploy tasks due to some poorly performing integration tests.

We have been told that this deployment is blocking other teams deployments from proceeding on different projects and they are queuing up behind it.

I would of thought that separate projects would deploy independently of each other? They are not using the same tentacles/deployment targets.

Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks

Hi @superjambo,

Thanks for getting in touch! I have a couple of ideas here. First thing to check is the task cap on your Octopus server. Octopus should be able to perform 5 tasks simultaneously without any issues by default. The following documentation page has instructions on how you can adjust the Task Cap to your preferences.

Changing the task cap may be all you need to solve your issue. However, you could also look into is our new Spaces feature. Spaces essentially let you partition your Octopus installation up into separate working environments.

Let me know if either of these options help or if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Great thanks for this @Daniel_Fischer

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.