Setup IP Security

From the Octopus Deploy Library, I’m using the ‘IIS Website - Set IP Security’ script Unfortunately the parameter ‘List of ip addresses’ is causing me issues. The deployment runs successfully but I can’t seem to be able to update IIS. Furthermore, there is no “ipSecurity” entry in the file ‘applicationHost.config’.

Can someone provide me with an example of how it should be entered as a variable or where I am going wrong?

I’ve tried:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
<xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
<xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>/<255.255.0.0>

Thanks in advance.

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the slight delay in getting back to you here, had some technical problems with my Octopus install (which sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole when all I needed to do was do a hard browser refresh).

To answer your questions, for the formatting of the IP address it needs to be the following format (line separated for multiple values)

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/255.255.255.0
yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy/255.255.255.192

As for the other question, are you able to confirm that you have the IP and Domain Restrictions IIS feature enabled (as per screenshot of Windows features below):

This feature is required for the script step to run against.

Hopefully that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.