Setting next release number

I have exported/imported a project from Octopus Server (onprem) that has the versioning strategy set to use the following template: #{Octopus.Version.LastMajor}.#{Octopus.Version.LastMinor}.#{Octopus.Version.NextPatch}

Unfortunately to get this project to import I had to delete all of the existing releases. This means that the next release on Octopus Cloud is version 0.0.1 . Is there a way that I can set this up to 1.1.743.0 (or 1.2.0.0) please so that it follows on from our local releases?

Interestingly I note that although the template only includes 3 elements it appears that our local server was somehow generating version numbers with 4 elements even though the template hasn’t changed. :man_shrugging:

Hi Darren,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The easiest option here would be to create a release in the UI and manually change the Version number there to the correct latest version in your on-prem instance.
Then the release versioning template should begin incrementing correctly from there.

Regards,
Paul

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.