Set prompted variables for create-release command?

Hi, I’m trying to create a release using Octo command tools and I’d like to set some prompted variable values. I know you can set their values when you deploy the release, but is there any way to set prompted variable values at release creation time? I’d like to set their values and have them show up in the UI when someone goes to manually deploy. That way they can decide to either accept them or change them as needed. Thanks

Steve

Hi @slobdell,

Thanks for getting in touch! Currently we don’t have the ability to associate the values from your prompted variable with a release. The prompted values are assigned when you deploy a release and at the moment the release has no way of knowing or storing these values.

This is something we get asked fairly often and would also like to see become a feature. We’re currently looking into viable ways of making this happen.

However, I won’t be able to provide a timeline on this feature as we are still discussing it internally.

If you have any further questions or thoughts on this, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi,

Are there any updates about this feature request? It is something that I was searching for today

Hi @panos.kousidis,

Unfortunately this was not something that made it high enough onto our developers radar yet. We do still get occasional requests for this feature so I think the best place currently to add your thoughts/support would be our UserVoice suggestions page.

We use UserVoice to gauge community support for new features and ideas. It helps our developers determine what features there is a strong call for and to build use cases from the comments.

I’m sorry that I can’t give you some better news on this one.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel