Services: Offline Package Drop

Hi Team,

In continuation of our discussion post on 8th Feb 2019 ( [Deployment on UAT and Production: Deployment on UAT and Production ) about the Offline package drop in support forum. We are facing an issue in UAT & Production environment which is in client network, after service installation it is unable to start service automatically. For manual deployment we used to click the OK button of Alert window as shown in attached screenshot.
Please let us know how to handle this issue through octopus deploy tool.

Let me know for further any input.

Thanks,
Ayan

Hi Ayan,

Thanks for getting in touch! The action of granting the account Log On As A Service right can be performed via custom PowerShell script and added to your deployment.

This will let you automate this process without manually having to press the OK button like in the screenshot attached.

Let me know if this helps you get this working as expected. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reply!
We have followed the instructions, which you have mentioned in above one.
We modify the PowerShell Script according our environment and added the PowerShell Script in Post-deployment script in service deployment step.

After the run the Offline Package Drop, Service has been installed in target machine but cannot start service.

Please find attached OfflinePackageDrop_Log and PowerShellScript for your reference.

OfflinePackageDrop_Log.txt (7.9 KB)

PowerShellScript.txt (1.7 KB)

As per my company policy. I have replaced the required information as Dummy information.

Looking forward your response ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,
Ayan

Hi Ayan,

Thanks for getting back here. Would you be able to let me know if you are able to start the service manually after the deployment?

Do you see any errors when starting the service manually?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes,We are able to start the service manually without error after the deployment.

Best Regards,
Ayan

Hi Daniel,

Any update regarding above issue?

Thanks,
Ayan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.