Send file to tentacle while deploying

Hello there,

I’ve played with Octopus for some days to deploy my projects. I need to send files to tentacle beside NuGet Package. So, there’s any way to send file except sending NuGet package ?

Thanks.
\

Hi Fayez,

Thanks for getting in touch! Octopus uses Continuous delivery practices such as having one deployment artifact. But you can think of a NuGet package like a zip file with metadata. If you can package it, Octopus can deploy it. There is no way within Octopus to define other files.

However if you want to go to the effort, you could write a PowerShell script to move around your files and complete this as a step within Octopus.

Hope that helps!
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for your reply, and I’ve no problem to write a PowerShell script because I really need this step. Could you tell me which functions in Octopus help me to do this step as Step Template ?

Thanks,
Fayez

Hi Fayez,

So if you go to Library -> Step Template then click on “Add Step Template” in the top navigation bar this will get you started!

Vanessa

We too would love to be able to hook in to Octopus’ SSH tunnel to transfer files during a deployment.

Ed