Send-Email : Dynamically select the email list based on the application deployed to the environment

Hi,

I have added the Send-Email step to the project process. I have also created a variables called.
email-dev(contains email list of developers)
email-qa(contaisn email list of QA).
Now i have used the email-dev in the To(please refer the attachment)

and the list of dev team are receiving the email.

1. Now if i add the variable email-qa a mail will also sent to qa team, when the deployment is done in the dev environment.

Is there a way where based on the environment the application is deployed the mail has to sent to only that group of people

Hi @sandeep.tudi,

Thanks for reaching out.

I think the way you want to go to get this to work will be to create one variable, maybe called emailList, and have multiple values scoped to it based on environment. Kind of like the example below:

You will then just put the variable emailList in that field, then when the environment is being deployed to, the scoped variable will be chosen and the correct people will be emailed. I’m not sure that the syntax for multiple email addresses is comma separated, but that would be my best guess.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.