Searching for environments in Octopus

Hi,
Just a small thing, but when I am searching for an Environment in Octopus is case sensitive. Searching for Targets is not case sensitive. Is this correct, its only now I have noticed it? Don’t know if it was the same in previous versions. Currently on version 2022.4.8335.

The Environment appears with uppercase.

The Environment does not appear with lowercase.

Kind Regards,
Micheál Power

Hey @mikepower79,

Thanks for pointing this out, I can confirm this is indeed a bug, I tested this in my version of 2022.4.8344 and I cannot find any of my environments unless I type the case exactly as the environment is named. We also tested this on a 2022.2 version and that is not case sensitive.

I will get a GitHub issue raised for this and post it up here once I have raised it, thank you again for pointing this out to us.

Kind Regards,
Clare

Hi @clare.martin,
Great, thanks for the feedback.

Kind Regards,
Micheál Power

Hey @mikepower79,

As promised here is the GitHub issue for this, feel free to subscribe to get notified when the fix is out and in what version.

If there is anything else you find relating to this, ie it happens with Tenant names or something let us know and I can add that to the issue.

Kind Regards,
Clare

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.