Scheduled deploy - multiple releases same project

Hi,

I’m wondering what will happend if I set multiple releases (same project) to be deployed at the same time (using “When”)?
Will all be deployed or will the new scheduled" deployment cancel the prevoius so that only the latest release will be deployed?

The background to this question is that as a part of CI we want to deploy, at the moment, the latest release at 7.00,10.00,12.00 and 15.00 every day. I know that this is possible using Scheduled Tasks and octo.exe, but if it’s possible to use “When” to only deploy the latest I would prefered that solution.
(To minimize the impact on testing we don’t want to deploy immidiately)

Best regards,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately recurring scheduled deployments are not something we support at the moment. We do have though a Uservoice suggestions that could us some of your votes if you’d like to see this implemented in the future.

At the moment your best shot is still scheduled task/build + Octo.exe

Regards,

Dalmiro

Hi, it’s not recurring deployment feature I’m thinking of. The question is: What’s going to happend if I set multiple deployments (different releases same project) to be deployed at the same time. Will all be deployed at the given time or just the last? If all are deployed, which one will be deployed last?

Best regards,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Each deployment will run at the given time.

Thanks,

Dalmiro

And there is no knowing which one will be deployed last?

All is deployed to the same project and same environment. Which version would the UI show?

Best regards,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

And there is no knowing which one will be deployed last? They will be deployed in the same order you scheduled them. If you need them to run in a specific order, I’ suggest you to schedule them with some minutes between them (seconds are not supported)

All is deployed to the same project and same environment. Which version would the UI show? The UI will always show the latest deployment that has been scheduled. See attached screenshot

Regards,

Dalmiro

Ok, thank you for your answers.

Best regards

Jonas Strandelid
VITEC, AFFÄRSOMRÅDE MÄKLARE
DIREKT: 0480-44 74 58 • MOBIL: 076-212 96 62
jonas.strandelid@vitec.semailto:jonas.strandelid@vitec.se

Från: Dalmiro Grañas [mailto:tender2+d80abdbef9@tenderapp.com]
Skickat: den 1 december 2015 15:45
Till: Jonas Strandelid jonas.strandelid@vitec.se
Ämne: Re: Scheduled deploy - multiple releases same project [Questions #6596]