SCA Release versions when DB is restored from other evnironemnt

I am using:
RedGate SQL Change Automation
Jenkins
Octopus Deploy

I love how I can see the version (Release Version) of all of the DBs in my pipeline - dev integration, QA, UAT, and prod in the Octopus UI. However, sometimes DBAs copy from one environment over another (e.g. UAT to QA). Octopus does not pick up on that restore and still shows QA at the release before it was restored over.

Is there a way to “refresh” based on the actual version of the DB in each environment?

TIA,

-Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately, Octopus has no way of picking up this kind of information. Octopus is only capable of identifying which deployments it has made into which environment.

Octopus has no real understanding or context of files being moved or changed after the deployment has completed.

If you have any questions here, or if I have misinterpreted your request, please let me know. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

I’m wondering if there is a way to hack the Octopus DB tables so it shows the correct DB version.

Peter Daniels

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.