Saving existing project fails name validation

We have a project that predates the current version of Octopus that we are on. The project name contains parentheses and a slash e.g. “PRJ (Project name/Alternate name)”. We are trying to update the project description text but we are getting a validation error with the project name even though the project name hasn’t changed, and it works normally as long as we don’t try to change the project settings.
Is there a way to avoid changing the project name but still update the description?
We are currently on Octopus v2018.3.4.

1 Like

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I’m sorry to hear that is behavior is causing inconvenience to you,

Unfortunately, since the validation is occurring against the entire project it’s not possible to update the project description whilst invalid characters exist in the Project name.

I would recommend updating the Project name and removing these invalid characters in order to resolve the issue.

Please let me know if you experience any issues renaming the project, otherwise for further assistance please don’t hesitate to reach out :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Reece

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.