Sanity Check on Octopus WebFarm

Hi There,

I am having four servers, i am using concept of rolling deployment to deploy each server, this working fine for me but i want to do some verification on first server if i found deployment is working fine then i want to deploy on other servers.

Is there any way to check this?

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks for getting in touch! This is a great question, and there are a couple of options I think would accomplish this requirement.

Probably the easiest way to achieve this canary deployment strategy with rolling deployments would be to deploy to a specific subset of targets when deploying your release. This can be selected on the deployment page as shown in the following screenshot.

Alternatively you could have a dedicated staging environment where only one machine will be deployed to. If you’re happy with that, you can deploy to the next environment which includes all servers.

Do either of these options work out for you? Let me know what you think or if you have any further questions moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.