RunNow window not loading for CustomerRole user role

Hi,
I have a customer role with the following permissions:

But the customer is unable to run a runbook. When they select to run the runbook, they just get the below screen which just stays loading:

Is there any other permission that I need to add. Is there a role for selecting environment and inserting info on prompted variables.

Kind Regards,
Micheál Power

Hi @mikepower79

Could you send over your recent server log as any permission issues will be logged within there?

Also, it might be worth opening the dev tools on your browser and checking to see what call is hanging up. That will let us know what might be happening.

Kind Regards
Sean

Hi @sean.stanway,
Thanks for the feedback. Sure I will look into your suggestions and get back to you.

Kind Regards,
Micheál Power

1 Like

Hi Mike,

Thank you for getting back to us.

One more quick thought while you are testing, you may try creating a test user against the built-in Runbook Consumer role to see if the page will populate as there are a few differences in that role versus the screenshot for the custom role. With the prompted variable, my best guess is that you may need the LibraryVariableSetView. However, as Sean mentioned previously, it should generate a permissions error that shows up in the Octopus Server logs.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,
Donny

Hi Mike,

I just wanted to jump in quickly as well as I have set up a user locally with only those specific permissions granted to it, and the user was able to run a runbook after setting a value to a prompted variable in it. An additional thing worth checking I think would be the scoping of the user role in the team, or if this user is part of any other teams that might be restricting permissions unexpectedly. If you go in your web portal under Configuration > Test Permissions and select this user, you can export this to .csv, which we’d be happy to have a look into.

Another potentially important piece of information - could you let us know the Octopus server version you’re running?

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi,
I resolved the issue by running the dev tools in the browser and it showed up the missing permission:

Thanks for all help.

Kind Regards,
Micheál Power

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.