Running Automation Testing after deploy

I am using SpecFlow and Nunit 3 framework for creating UI test in Visual studio. I’ve used chromedriver with headless so that the UI runs in the back ground. I’ve run the test and perfectly working in visual studio as well as from command prompt including power shell. Now I want to have script step in Octopus post deploy. The same script working in command line is giving me hard time in Octopus. I’ve confirmed the chrome driver is loaded properly . However, I am getting Object reference not set to an instance of an object when I try to print out the Title of the url. Attached the screenshot of the error. I’ve initialized the chrome driver but still have issue. Please help

I found the issue…the script is looking for the web application that was build on the Jenkins server. I’ve provided the appropriate URL where the application is deployed. I dont know how the step/script is looking for the application on Jenkins server.

Hi @endashaw.adane,

Thank you for getting in touch! Great to hear you’ve spotted the issue here, and I appreciate the update. I imagine at this point you might just need to set the URL via a variable into Octopus, then substitute that into the applicable place in your application’s config?

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi @Kenneth_Bates,

Thanks for replying back. Yes…I’ve fixed the issue. The tentacle is running with local account, the application is configured to use windows authentication. So, when the tentacle runs the Automation Testing, it gets failed. So, I run the tentacle with a service account which have access to the application and problem solved.

Hi @endashaw.adane,

Thanks for following up with that additional context and details! If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.