Running a powershell script under logged in user

Hi Team
I’m using octopus deploy cloud solution and configured it to deploy a solution to 100 laptops around the client network. There is a requirement came to notify the logged in laptop user about the deployment running in background. So he would be able to save what he is doing and face to the deployment gracefully.
Are there any octopus given feature for it? I tried with burnt toast notification and wasn’t successful since i was not able to run the power shell script under logged in user account.

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi @nilupa_samarasinghe,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately, Octopus is not great at handling deployments to desktop environments. Currently we support the following Operating Systems.

Octopus executes it’s deployments as the account running the Tentacle service and is not designed with desktop deployments in mind. Octopus is primarily used for deploying web applications to server infrastructure. When deploying to a desktop environment, there are too many environmental variables to take into account for Octopus to reliably be used in this way.

Sorry for the unhelpful answer here. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.