Runbook Send and Email To Address

Octopus Deploy OnPrem version v2020.6 (Build 4788)

I have a Send an Email Step Template that is part of a runbook. The CreatedBy doesn’t seem to be picked up in the To field on the email?

My To field: #{Runbook.Notify.To}#{if Octopus.Deployment.CreatedBy.EmailAddress},#{Octopus.Deployment.CreatedBy.EmailAddress}#{/if}

I do have Octopus.Deployment.CreatedBy.EmailAddress in the body of the email and it is showing the correct email. However, I am not getting the user that initiated the runbook in the To field on the send email process.

Hi @rtham,

I apologize it took so long to get back to you and thanks for your question!

I’ve been reproducing this on my test environment and your To Field looks Valid and works for me on v2021. I am standing up a v2020.6 instance currently and will test on your exact version next.

Meanwhile, could you try removing the IF evaluation and just leave the Runbook.Notify.To and #Octopus.Deployment.CreatedBy.EmailAddress} for testing purposes. It would look like this in the To Field:

#{Runbook.Notify.To},#{Octopus.Deployment.CreatedBy.EmailAddress}

Looking forward to hearing back from you and I will update you when I find out anything further.

Regards,
Garrett

No worries. You can close this issue. The Runbook.Notify.To and the created by where the same email address. With different email address, it is working. Sorry for the false alarm.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.