Run Runbook on single server?

Is there any way to only run a Runbook on a single server within an environment? Say for example that we we detect that a single server in our farm is misbehaving. In that case we would like to run a Runbook that 1) pulls the server from the load balancer, 2) restarts the application, 3) warms up the site, and 4) brings the server back in to the load balancer.

Unfortunately, from what I can tell, there is no way to run a Runbook on a single server within an environment? Is that correct, and if so, is there any other way to accomplish what we’re trying to achieve?

Hi Niklas,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query about running a runbook on a single server.

You can choose a specific server by going to “Run”, then clicking “Advanced”, selecting “Include specific deployment targets” and then choosing the servers you want:

As a side note, you might be interested in our rolling deployment documentation, as it sounds like something that might be useful based on your example:

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

There it is. I guess it was hiding in plain sight all along.
Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.