Run Conditions Not Available for first step

Hi there,
I’ve just started reorganising one of our projects to group to use multi-step processes, and have noticed a potential problem with run conditions.
If the first step of a process is multi-step, run conditions are not available for that step. I’m not sure if this is intended behaviour, I think it would have been before variables could be used in run conditions. This doesn’t actually have any impact on any work we’re doing, just submitting a bug report in case it is affecting someone else.

We’re running version 3.11.9

I was just about to post this exact same thing. I’m on version 3.14.1 and still have the same problem.

My workaround is a bit of a hack…I put a powershell script step as the first step, with a single line

write-host "Workaround for the variable run bug"

Hi Matt & @ecooke,

Thanks for getting in touch! We currently have an open GitHub issue to look into extending our run conditions to the first step of the deployment. As you state, Matt, this was something leftover from before our run conditions supported variables. I have posted this discussion onto the issue and let the devs know, we are going to look into this.

Link to the issue if you would like to follow the progress: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/3096

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hey Daniel,
Thanks for letting us know, I’ll make sure to check the github issue list as well next time before logging a bug.

Regards,
Matt.

Hi Matt,

No worries! Feel free to get in touch at any time. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel