Roles needed to "Add project group"

I would like to create a custom role that allows a team to be able to create project groups.

I checked ProjectGroupCreate, ProjectGroupDelete, ProjectGroupEdit and ProjectGroupView for my new “GroupProjectAccess” role.

However, when a team member clicks the link to “Add project group” they receive an error message, which says they need to be able to perform system-level configuration tasks and access control.

I do not want to grant them the AdministerSystem role. Is there a way to be able to add a project group without the AdministerSystem role?

Thank you,
Kristine

Hi Kristine,

Thanks for getting in touch! And thanks for reporting this issue.
It’s a known bug that you can track here: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/1224
There is no current workaround apart from the administrator thing, sorry.

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for your response. We will track the progress on the bug fix.

There is a similar problem with TaskCreate – this also appears to require the AdminSystem role.

Kristine

Hi Kristine,

How are you trying to create the task so I can replicate and dig into this.

Vanessa

Correction, it’s an issue with just viewing the tasks.

The Tasks menu item is available, but when selected, error messages are displayed rather than the tasks.

This was after granting TaskCancel, TaskCreate, TaskView and TaskViewLog roles.

-Kristine

[cid:image001.png@01CFE2D9.AB016650]

Hi Kristine,

We fixed that one in the lastest build.

It now only needs Taskview

Vanessa

Great, thanks for the update!

Kristine

Forwarding this email to you…

Kristine

Hi Kristine,

Thanks for reaching out again. Which step template is that one? cant see its name or URL on the image.

Thanks,

Dalmiro

Sorry, I had forwarded an email I got related to Questions #2956 because it appeared to be sent just to me… not sure why my forward ended up getting added to this question. It is not related at all!

Kristine

No Problem!