Roles needed for enabling and disabling Scheduled triggers

Hi,

We are trying to give our Team members permissions to enable and disable scheduled triggers for particular projects. We were wandering which permissions to give to that particular user, We have assigned the project deployer role, project lead role, environment manager, and tenant manager, however, we are still getting the same error.
attached:

Can you please let us know which roles do we need to enable and disable the triggers?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Kuba,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, hopefully I can be of assistance.

In order to make enable/disable Scheduled Triggers, the logged-in user needs the associated TriggerEdit permission. The built-in role of Project Deployer, however, should have this permission already.

This leads me to believe that the issue originates from the logged-in Users team not including the required Environment or Tenant scoping to be able to make changes to the Trigger. The logged-in user will likely not be able to see these environments within the Trigger (as is expected), so you will need a User with greater permissions to be able to identify the linked Tenants & Environments and either include them within the original logged-in Users team scoping or remove these on their behalf as to allow the enable/disabling of the Trigger.

I hope this helps!

If you require any further assistance or clarification, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Thank you for the reply,

The Environment scope the i have assigned to that user was only for test environment. Due to the fact that we were scheduling triggers to deploy from dev to Test, and the User did not have the Dev environment scope, it did not allow her to change it.
As soon as, she got assigned the dev environment permissions, she was able to enable the triggers.

Thank you for your help

Hi Kuba,

Thanks for getting back to me,

I’m glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue, I greatly appreciate you letting me know the outcome.

If you require any further assistance moving forward, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.