Role just to create release

Hi ,

Do we have a role just to create the release not to update the variable and deployments steps. We want the development team to provide us the release with proper release notes but not to change anything. I can see we have Project lead role but he has access of updating variables and deployment steps as well.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! The roles we provide are very specific and do not work for everyone, which is why we let you create you own custom roles. You are easily able to create a new custom role with access to features that you need. See our documentation regarding this: https://octopus.com/docs/administration/managing-users-and-teams/user-roles

If you happen to run into any issues here or have any specific questions about the roles, you are more than welcome to ask. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. My understanding is that I can create roles only by inheriting out of box Octopus roles and I did not find any role which I can use for my requirement. Please guide

Aah i was wrong . I just checked the documentation. Thanks for your help. I can achieve this.

Hi,

Great! Let me know if you run into any issues here, or if you have questions.

Best regards,
Daniel