Retrieving statistics from Raven DB to create a report for the deployments

Hi All,

Apologies if this is in another thread somewhere, but I could not find one.

I was wondering if there is a way that we can export key statistics from the Octopus Deployment tool? I am not that familiar with RavenDB so maybe there is a way I can do this easily?

I can see that you can export collections, but I am faced with project numbers and ids in the csv but what I would like is to convert them to a readable format for my manager. for example not having project-421 but have the actual name of the project.

So for example, can we get a total list of deployments/releases and find out how this can breakdown by product and release and how many deployments each project has had and what was the highest number of deployments (or failures to get the release right) in the same day?

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction or has some examples for me to help find what I need.

If this doesn’t make sense then please feel free to contact me further.

Hi Douglas,

Good question! I’ve just written a documentation page on how to do this here:

Unfortunately we can’t report on success/failed rates or release numbers (it would just be too slow), but it should give you an overview of # of deployments per environment/project. Hope this helps!

Paul

Thanks Paul for this, this is perfect thank you very much.

Keep up the good work.

Doug