Retention policy on Custom Installation Directory

I have Octopus configured for continuous delivery in my project

I do have some web service is configured as Custom Installation directory with different auth type.
DeploymentJournal.xml does not have entry for this folder with retention policy turned on. As a result all the environment Octopus packages are not cleaned for Custom Installation Folder.

How to address this issue? Any help on this I appreciate .

Hi @vshetty,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome!

I’m sorry to see you’re hitting this unexpected issue. When the custom installation directory feature is used, the Tentacle retention policy will not run against that directory as it’s assumed a working release is contained in it. However the standard default directories should have retention applied against them (deleting data attached to releases that fall outside of the defined range in your policy). I’m not sure of the reason why you’re seeing this unexpected issue, but I’d like to have a closer look.

Would you be willing to share a copy of your task log from the latest deployment? This retention policy is run during a deployment, and there should be some details as to what’s deleted, what’s not, and why, in it that might help shed some light on this.

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.