Retention policy not working

We are using Octopus Deploy version 2.3.3.1369.
We have a retention policy set up that has following parameters:

Undeployed releases : keep for 30 days
Deployed releases : Keep all
Files on Tentacle : Keep a limited number of 10 releases.

Today when i looked for a deployed release (deployed on 1-April-2015), i did not find any package under that release and it showed a message as in the attached screen shot.

For some reasons it seems like these policies are not being applied by Octopus .

Please help.

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for reaching out. We had a very similar bug where retention policies were deleting the packages on the same deployment on the version you are running that was fixed on 2.4.

Would it be possible for you to upgrade your current version? If you can, let me give you a friendly warning:

On 2.6 we did a significant change on how retention policies work, tying them to our new concept called Lifecycles. You can read more about this change on the link below

If you decide that you just want an upgrade that fixes this bug and that does not change the way you currently use Retention Policies, you can upgrade to any version from 2.4 to the latest 2.5. Still, we encourage you to upgrade to the latest version of 2.6 if possible. As here not only we introduced some very cool new features, but we also fixed bugs from 2.5

Regards,

Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

Thanks for responding.

Is this upgrade requires any extra purchase ?

Hi Rakesh,

To check where your license is currently at, I would need details of your license. Could you email sales at octopusdeploy dot com with your license XML and I can look it up for you to confirm the status.

Vanessa