Retention policy not removing old releases

Hi,

I have a retention policy which is set as follows:

• Undeployed releases: Keep 10 releases
  • Deployed releases: Keep for 365 days
  • Tentacle deployments: Keep 10 releases

I can see that the policy is run at the end of a release and it removes old deployments at the tentacles, but the deployed releases older than 365 days doesn’t seem to be removed in the UI, please see the attached screen shot.

Brgds

Jonas

Hi again,

Just realized that the first release actually never was deployed. The second was deployed on the 28th of May 2014, so I will check on the 29th if it was deleted. Strange though that the first release still is in the UI, how come?

Brgds

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for getting in touch! There is one caveat to the retention policies. If there is any release still on the dashboard as a current release to any environment it will never be deleted, as it is assumed it could be promoted or is needed.
Is that release on the dashboard at all?

Vanessa

Hi,

That release is not on the dashboard any more, and in fact it was never deploy so it should perhaps be caught by the “Undeployed release”-policy instead? I have “Keep 10 releases” there, so perhaps I have less than 10 undeployed releases. But as I have 6 pages with 30 releases per page = 180 releases, it’s a little bit cumbersome to check how many I have.

Brgds
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

We are adding a retention policy explain in 3.0 to help in these situations. Did the 365 day release delete?

Vanessa

Hi,

Now the release from 2014-05-26 was deleted so it works. The oldest from 2014.5.7 wasn’t deleted but I guess it will be removed by the “Unpublished” policy when it triggers.

09:38:18 Info | Release Intersport 2014.6.3.1255 will be kept
09:38:18 Info | Release Intersport 2014.5.26.1614 will be deleted
09:38:18 Info | Release Intersport 2014.5.7.1047 will be kept
09:38:18 Info | 1 releases were deleted
Brgds
Jonas