Retention policies on Tentacle is not working for few tentacles machine

Hi Team,

I am having around 150 tentacle machine in which i have applied retention policy like this .

in few tentacle machine retention policy is not working properly its not deleting the packages and files on disk on Tentacles. i have applied the same policy in lifecycle and phase as well. could you please help on this issue why its not deleting all the files from all the tentacle machine.
i have installed tentacle in C: drive but configured in D: drive for files and packages.

Thanks
Shubham

Hi Shubham,

Thanks for reaching out.

On these tentacles where the files aren’t being deleted, during a deployment to the target, does the retention policy for the tentacle reference the packages that should be deleted? If so, does it say it’s keeping them for an incorrect reason? Does the deployment journal on the machine match what is shown in the retention part of the deployment task?

Another thing you can check is retention policies are channel based. Can you check all of the channels within the project to make sure they are all respecting the correct lifecycles?

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the Reply.

1.On these tentacles where the files aren’t being deleted, during a deployment to the target, does the retention policy for the tentacle reference the packages that should be deleted?
yes files are not deleting during the deployment (in few of the server).

1. Does the deployment journal on the machine match what is shown in the retention part of the deployment task?

yes it shows all the reference package in the Deployment journal .

i have attached the screenshot in which we can see retention policy is applying in 2 server but from one of the servers its not deleting the files. same policy we have applied in across the tentacles. can you please check what we are missing.

Thanks
Shubham

Hi Shubham,

Sorry about the delay. It was a US holiday for Octopus yesterday and I was off.

Does this specific project have channels? If so, are all of the channels following the same retention policy and are on the same versions?

Would you be able to send me the latest deployment task log in a private message, along with a screenshot of the folder with the files in question, and finally the deployment journal?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.