Restoring deployment targets

We recently had a situation where a machine policy was set too aggressively and deleted many of our deployment targets due to a network issue. Inspecting the audit log confirms this and reports the deleted JSON configuration.

Is there any way we can easily restore these deployment target configurations? There does not appear to be an option in the Octopus UI. If not, perhaps this could be added as a new feature?

It is a real pain to have to go to each target instance and manually reconfigure them all.

Thanks

Ed.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You are correct that there isn’t a way in the Octopus UI to restore deleted targets, although I agree that it could be useful. For this one I would suggest heading over to our uservoice and adding it as a feature request as at first glance this would take a bit of work to implement so we would want some community demand before spending the developer time.

As for your specific problem, if you have a backup of your Octopus Database from before the machine policy removed the machines you should be able to restore your deployment targets from the Machines table. Failing that I would look at using some of the automated tooling around Tentacle installation, you can have a read of the documentation we have available, and/or having a look at the API examples we have in our library.

Please let me know if there is anything we can assist with from this side,

Regards,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.