Restoring Deleted Process Step

I deleted a fairly complex process step what is the quickest way to restore it?

I’m not sure if that is possible. This is not ideal but you could check the audit section and look at the delete event JSON to see how your process was put together then try to recreate it based off of that.

Thanks for the reply. That’s what I am doing right now. It’s only 5 child steps but man I wish I could roll it back out of that audit log.

Hi Brian,

@BlueLion is correct, going back through the Audit log is currently the only way to achieve this.

We also think your suggestion of doing a point in time restore out of the audit log has merit, we would love to see you add it as a uservoice so that it can get some visibility. While we’d love to just get to work on, unfortunately at this point in time our development dance card is full :frowning:.

If there is anything else we can help with please let me know,

Regards,
Alex

Thank you @Alex.Rolley.

Can you suggest a backup strategy for process steps? Octo export through all the jobs or cloning all the jobs to a backup project group are 2 that we came up with.

Hi Brian,

Option 1 would definitely be the preferred plan, as that would let you check everything into source control as needed. Option 2 is also valid if a single point in time rollback point is all that’s needed.

I can’t think of anything else at this point that would help here, I’ll let you know if I do come up with something. Happy to help if you have any other questions!

Regards,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.