Remove versions from project overview

Hi all,
I’ve created a tentacle and a tenant in the test environment and deployed on that a version of my project.
Now I’ve moved the tenant and the tentacle in the production environment and deployed an updated version of my project.
Now I see the new version in production column but still see the old version in test column.
How can I remove the test version from test column?
This can generate some confusion.

Thanks
Sandro

Hi Sandro,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, I can see how this can be confusing. The overview is trying to show the history of releases, and while the tenant is no longer connected to the test environment, it still shows historical releases to that environment.

I think you have a couple of options here, if the test environment is no longer relevant to any tenant, you could remove the test column entirely. You can do that by either using the advanced filters on the LHS of the overview, or you can remove the test environment from the lifecycle altogether.

If the test environment is still relevant and you only want to remove the test version then your only option here would be to delete the test release, by heading over to the Releases menu, selecting the version you want to delete and using the ‘triple-dot’ overflow menu on the right of the ‘Deploy To’ button.

I hope that helps!

Kind Regards,

Thanks Jim,
unfortunately the test environment is still useful for as and I have also other tenants in the test release that I should move in a few days in production environment.
There is no possibility to detach a release tenant by tenant?

Kind Regards

Hi Sandro,

There are some other possibilities actually, however it depends on what your overall goals are. Could you clarify if my assumptions are correct?

My assumption here is that you when you say ‘move the tenant’ that you are progressing your customers through environments by manually connecting and disconnecting them using the tenant edit feature.

I’m also assuming you have a team defined in Octopus that allows all of the users to view all tenants and machines.

It is also possible to use permission scoping rules on teams to filter these releases out, each team can be allowed visibility of combinations of environment & tenants.

A basic description of this kind of setup is documented here: https://octopus.com/docs/administration/managing-users-and-teams/creating-teams-for-a-user-with-mixed-environment-privileges

For example, you could setup two teams per tenant (Call them something like TenantA Prod Deployers and TenantA Test Deployers) only scoping access to the environment and tenant combination described by the team name.

Because you can assign users to more than one team, you can add a user to all of those teams, to give deployment rights and visibility to everything. When you want to restrict what a user can see in that overview, take them out of the appropriate team. The dashboard that they see should update when you do that.

This does mean more teams to manage, I’m not sure how many tenants you have or plan to have, but this seems to be the closest fit to your goals, if I understand you correctly.

Kind Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.