Remove "Promote to live" option when creating a deployment

Hi,

I when creating a release I have set the lifecycle option to deploy immediately. However, when the deployment begins and the progress bar is shown on the right, I have the option to “Promote to Live” (Live being the environment name) which is not relevant, the project only has 1 environment and 1 role. Could you advise how I can remove this button to avoid confusion?

Thanks,
Colin.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for getting in touch! Could you send me a screenshot of your lifecycle configuration and another one (full screen if possible) of where you see the promote button?

Thanks!

Dalmiro

Hi, sure thing, please see attached.

Thanks!
Colin

Hi Colin,

That button cannot be hidden while you are deploying to an environment. It will disappear once you deploy to the last phase on your lifecycle (see attached screenshot).

Regards,

Dalmiro

Hi, thanks for the response. I would say though that I am deploying to the
last stage of my life cycle, so surely it should be hidden?

Thanks,
Colin

Hi Colin,

The button will still be there while you are deploying, regardless if its the last stage of your lifecycle or not.

After you finish deploying to the last stage of your deployment, it’ll go away.

See attached screenshots for a more visual reference.

Thanks,

Dalmiro

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I see what you mean from the screenshots. But I
don’t understand why I’d want to promote the deploy to development, when
I’m currently deploying to development - are they not the same thing?
Sorry if I’m not getting this!

Thanks,
Colin

Hi Colin,

I understand it might be a bit confusing. I’ve added a github issue for this, but i’m not so sure its gonna be taken as a priority too soon, given that we are working on some heavy features at the moment.

Thanks,

Dalmiro

No problem Dalmiro, thanks for doing that!

Thanks,
Colin