Release page returns 404 for release with package

Hi,

I have a package with the version 2020.3.0.1264 and we deployed some tenants with that release and octopus deployed it correctly. Everything works correctly, apart from the release page. I can go to the deployment page for a deploy, and I see it in the overview and in the /projects/my-project/releases page, but when I click on one of the releases I get a 404 error message. The url for the release page becomes /app#/projects/production/deployments/releases/2020.3.0.1264. The error message is

All other releases we have created/deployed do not have any issue only this one release is showing the error.

we checked the related post but it did not solve the issue for us

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Rasmita

Hi Rasmita,
Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you’re running into this error when viewing this release.

I have a suspicion that you may be hitting a bug reported here. Have a look at the Github issue, and let me know what you think. If I’m off base can you send me your Octopus Server Version?

I hope this helps.
Kind Regards,

Hi Tina,

we are using 2020.4.6 version. And the defect link you have posted is not working when I click. can you please send again.

Thanks,
Rasmita

Hi Rasmita,
Thank you for sending over your server version. I repaired the Github issue link in the previous posting, sorry about that, but here it is again for your reference. https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/5161

Let me know what you think.

Tina

Hi Tina,
The issue you have mentioned for 400 error but we are getting is 404. And we do not have >500 release scenario. The release was all fine and as i mentioned we deployed successfully but all sudden it started showing this 404 error. What i verified , the packages are there on the server file system, we are still able to navigate to the already deployed tenant for that release and from there we can deploy to other tenants still. But we can access the release directly from the release page.

Thanks,
Rasmita

Hi Rasmita,

Thanks for following up! I’ll jump in here for Tina to assist with the difference in timezones. :slight_smile:

This sure is a strange issue! Sorry for the confusion caused. I’m curious if you can see this release page in a different browser? I’d like to rule out if some unexpected browser caching is at play.

Would you be willing to send through a project export of this affected project so we can have a direct look at it and reproduce with it? You can get this via Octopus.Migrator.exe partial-export command, and upload it while logged in on Octopus.com under the Support tab. Alternatively you could email the export to us at support@octopus.com and we can pick it up there.

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,

we resolved the issue. Octopus was making a very long request for that release may be because we did a lot of updates to that release.

we fixed it by updating the maxQueryStringLength

Thank you for all the help.

Thanks,
Rasmita

Hi Rasmita,

Not a problem at all! That’s great to hear you got this resolved, and I greatly appreciate the update. It sounds like this issue might be related to the one Tina pasted above. I’ll have a test and attempt to repro this locally.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out anytime if we can help with anything in the future!

Best regards,

Kenny

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.