Release Orchestration and Staging Package Uploads

Hello,
My team has been using Octopus Deploy for the past few months and we have created a release orchestration which will deploy a number of projects at the same time. I have read that it is possible to stage deployments with a manual intervention task, but this does not seem to be working for our release orchestration which deploys many projects at once. The manual intervention does not pre-push the packages. Do you know of a straight forward way to stage projects released in an orchestration?

Hi @Dan-303,
Thank you for reaching out! Did you add the manual intervention step to your parent orchestration project which is kicking off the releases for the child projects? In order for the staging of the packages, that manual intervention step along with the setting of “After Package Acquisition” would have to be in the projects that are doing the actual package deploys, which I’m assuming are in your child projects, right? You could move the manual intervention step into each child project, but I don’t think that would be the most straightforward way.

Can you tell me, what issue are you trying to solve for? Are you trying to minimize your downtime window?

Potentially another solution could be to have another step or project which just does a Transfer Package step(s) for each of your packages and then your subsequent child projects could utilize that.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Mark

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.