Release can not be deploy

Hi,

Error:
“Release can not be deploy to environment because the environment is not on the list…”
Why the the environment I want to deploy is grayed ? Is it related to lifecycle settings ?
I want to deploy in one project to two different environments.

Thanks in Advanced

Hey @eldadcohenil,

Thanks for reaching out.

This could potentially be caused by your lifecycle settings.

Would you be able to send me screenshots of your lifecycle for this project? Can you let me know which 2 environments in the screenshot you’re trying to deploy to? Are you trying to deploy to them simultaneously?

Please let me know.

Best,
Jeremy

Hi,

I am sorry it is not possible to send screen shot , it is offline network.
It seems the defualt lifecycle has the second enviorment but as a sub group. Is it possible to edit default lifecucle ? Should I delete it ?

Thanks

Hi @eldadcohenil,

No worries.

Yes you can edit the default lifecycle, but I would be careful editing lifecycles as it will affect every single project using it. Within the default lifecycle you can click the usage tab to see which projects will be affected:

Please take a look at your usage and see if you think it would be a better idea to edit that one, or to maybe create a new one for this project that’s causing you issues and assign the new one to your project.

Please let me know if that helps or if you have more questions.

Best,
Jeremy

Hi,

Thanks on the quick reply.
I created new lidecycle , but the sefault one has still the enviorment settings.

Thanks

Hi @eldadcohenil,

You’re very welcome.

Did you get your new lifecycle working in the way you needed for the project that was causing you trouble?

If not, can you please explain in detail the environments you want to have and what you want to be able to do with them with your deployments that you’re getting stopped on?

Best,
Jeremy

Hi,

I want to create new fresh lifecycle for each project but it seems it always inherit the environment from the default lifecycle.
Also I am afraid I can not find how to edit the default lifecycle and edit different environment .
Can toy please assist

Thanks

Hi @eldadcohenil,

You should be able to just click into the lifecycle and remove phases (with the 3 dots to the right of the phase) or click Add Phase it if you have the correct permissions:

When you click to create a new lifecycle, you should see that there are no environments in the blank lifecycle and you should be able to add them with the Add Phase button.

Are you seeing something different on your end?

If so, which version of Octopus are you running? Do you know what permissions you have?

Please let me know.

Best,
Jeremy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.