"Reinstall" throwing an error in "Octopus Manager" for release 2.0.11.1080 from

I installed the latest version of Octopus deploy, 1080, which was released today. I’m getting the following error when I click “Reinstall” for the service through the “Octopus Deployment Manager” UI.

Service stopped
Service uninstalled
Service installed
[SC] ChangeServiceConfig FAILED 1072:

The specified service has been marked for deletion.

[SC] ChangeServiceConfig2 FAILED 1072:

The specified service has been marked for deletion.

Service reconfigured

A fatal exception occurred
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service OctopusDeploy on computer ‘.’. —> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start(String[] args)
at Octopus.Shared.Startup.ServiceCommand.Start() in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\ServiceCommand.cs:line 188
at Octopus.Shared.Startup.ConsoleHost.Run(Action`1 start, Action shutdown) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\ConsoleHost.cs:line 36

Error: The previous command returned a non-zero exit code of: 100
Error: The command that failed was: “C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus\Octopus.Server.exe” service --instance “OctopusServer” --install --start

I’m coming from version 1020.

When I go to try and set the service to “Automatic” it says the service is marked for deletion.

Actually, I resolved this. I had the “Services” window open in Windows and if that is open the service can’t be completely removed until it is closed.

The “Reinstall” command wasn’t clickable though. So I had to install it myself using the following command line statement. I then went and set the startup mode to automatic.

sc create OctopusDeploy binpath= “C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus\Octopus.Server.exe”