Regarding Connecting to Different Networks

Hi,

We have a requirement as, our Build server is in one Network and Utility Server where we will be taking the Packages to Deploy is in another Network, so can i know how the connection set-up is going to be done for communication from one server to another server and where i have to Configure the Octopus deploy server?

Thanks,
Murali Prasad

Hi Murali

Thanks for getting in touch.
There are a couple of ways to do this, all involve allowing some form of access between the two networks.

I’d recommend putting the Octopus Server in the same network as your Build server, then allowing the tentacle port (10933 by default) through to your production network.

If they aren’t addressable, then you could look at a VPN connection or a polling tentacle. http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Polling+Tentacles

Your other option is to have the Octopus Server on the same network as your deployment target machines, and either push Nuget packages to it as part of your build process, or have it be able to pull packages from the build server (if you’re using a build server with the ability to expose a Nuget feed, for example TeamCity).

Does that all make sense ?

If you can let me know if any of those options work for you I can possibly give some more concrete direction.

Regards

Damian

Hi Damian,

Thanks a lot for specifying the ways to do it. I done with Listening mode and it got suceeded, it helped me a lot.

Thanks,
Murali Prasad

Hi Murali

That’s great to hear!
Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards

Damian