Recommended Infrastructure and Project Setup

Hi,

Apologies if Support is the wrong category for this. I couldn’t select anything else!

We’re currently in the process of evaluating Octopus deploy and I’d like some recommendations on how we should be using the tool.

We have multiple customers each with their own separate software solutions. A single internal testing environment is used for all customers and each customer has their own UAT and Production environments.

I’d been recommended to look at multi-tenancy in Octopus deploy, however, since the projects are different for each customer I’m not sure this is the best fit. It looks as though I’d be better off with customer specific targets and environments and multiple projects. Is this the case?

Hi Stephen

Thanks for getting in touch!

If I understand your scenario correctly, each project would have different lifecycle as they have different UAT and Production environments.

I would suggest to define different lifecycle for projects and setup channel that links to the appropriate lifecycle. You could find more information regarding channels from this page https://octopus.com/docs/deployment-process/channels

I hope this helps!

Regards
Eddy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.