Re: What happens if my license expires?

I’m reading on your website that after a license expires that we’ll have “a 60-day grace period during which the software will continue to function as normal”. Is that the case for all versions of Octopus or just certain versions? I’d hate to assume that that’s the case for all versions and have our 2018 installation stop working abruptly. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You are correct that this change to licensing will only apply to recent versions. If you’re still running 2018.x version then you have nothing to worry about.

Best regards,
Paul

Hi I just want to verify that there are no limitations within Octopus 2018 when the license expires? There is a delay in our license renewal process and our license has expired. Would you verify that our users can continue to run deployments, add deployment nodes, upload packages, etc? Thanks.

Hi Bob,

The changes to licensing that apply a 60 day grace period were added to a later version of the software.
When your license expires you will see a warning banner but no functionality should be impacted.

Regards,
Paul