Re-use Pre-deployment script in Deploy Package step

I have a standard pre-deployment script that I’d like to include in all of our Deploy Package steps in all of our projects.

Right now I’m copy/pasting it the script everywhere, is there a better way to do this?

A script module seemed like the most obvious approach, but since the script has to run after the package is extracted and before the files are copied to their Custom Install Directory, I don’t see how that would work.

Is there a way to save the Deploy Package Step Template along with the pre-deployment script as its own Step Template?

Hi Erik,

Thanks for getting in touch! You can certainly create your own custom step template to allow unique configurations of it (like a pre-deployment script) to be reusable. These can be created in your web portal under Library > Step Templates, where you can add a custom Deploy a Package step and configure it to use the feature Custom deployment scripts like you would when defining a step in your deployment process. This step will then be able to be added to any process you’d like. You can refer to additional information on creating and using reusable step templates.

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

That’s perfect - Thanks!

Hi Erik,

You’re very welcome! Let me know how you go, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.