Randomly Failing on Acquiring Packages

Recently, we have had a few deployments fail on the Acquiring Packages step and will work just fine if we do a retry. It appears that Calamari agent crashed according the Windows event logs. Any ideas what may be causing this?

We are running Octopus Deploy v2018.6.6.

Activity failed with error ‘The remote script failed with exit code -1073740940’.
Octopus.Server.Orchestration.Targets.Tasks.ActivityFailedException
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.ParallelWorkOrder1.AssertNoErrorsOccured() at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.ParallelWorkOrder1.Execute()
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.Deploy.DeploymentTaskController.AcquirePackages(PlannedStep step)
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.Deploy.DeploymentTaskController.DispatchStep(PlannedStep step)

–Inner Exception–
Aggregate Exception
System.AggregateException

–Inner Exception 1–
The remote script failed with exit code -1073740940 Octopus.Server.Orchestration.Targets.Tasks.ActivityFailedException
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.Deploy.ActionDispatch.SuccessArbitrator.ThrowIfNotSuccessfull(ScriptResult result)
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.Targets.Common.PackageStagingMediator.TryFindPackageInCache(StoredPackage packageToPush, IEnumerable1 preconditions, StagedPackage& stagedPackage) at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.Targets.Common.PackageStagingMediator.DownloadPackageAndPushToAgent(PackageIdentity packageIdentity, IDeploymentPackageDownloader deploymentPackageDownloader, DeltaCompressionOptions deltaCompressionOptions, PackageCacheOptions packageCacheOptions, IEnumerable1 preconditions)
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.Deploy.Steps.Acquire.AcquireMachinePackageTask.Acquire(AcquiredPackageMap acquiredPackageMap, ITaskContext taskContext, LogContext logContext)
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.Deploy.Guidance.Execute(Action callback, String actionName)
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.Deploy.DeploymentTaskController.ExecuteWithTransientErrorDetection(Action action, DeploymentTarget deploymentTarget)
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.OctoThreadClosure`1.Execute()
ServerTasks-122238.log.txt (62.3 KB)OctopusTentacle.txt (22.3 KB)

Hi Adam,

Thanks for contacting us.

The server task log doesn’t have any answers. Would it be possible to get the calamari logs from the tentacle? They will be in a similar location to the server logs on disk, i.e. something like C:\Octopus\Tentacle\TentacleName\Logs.

Thanks

Hi Cameron,

Whoops. I thought I had attached it. I have added it to the original message.

Thanks,
Adam

Thanks for including that log Adam. Unfortunately the log starts after the crash you described. Would it be possible for you to add all the OctopusTentacle* files?

Thanks
Cam

Sure thing. Here you are.

OctopusTentacle.0.txt (32.2 KB)
OctopusTentacle.3.txt (41.1 KB)
OctopusTentacle.4.txt (42.9 KB)
OctopusTentacle.6.txt (32.2 KB)
OctopusTentacle.txt (10.7 KB)
OctopusTentacle.5.txt (30.8 KB)
OctopusTentacle.1.txt (32.2 KB)
OctopusTentacle.2.txt (32.2 KB)

Thanks for that Adam.

The logs aren’t showing me anything interesting. I’m still investigating and will hopefully find something soon.

Cam

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.