Question regarding "Deploy Release Step"

Good day,

I’ve added a “Deploy Release Step” to a project, I’ve read the following quote from your documentation “The Lifecycles of project’s being deployed by a Deploy Release step must be compatible with the coordinating project.”.

With this in mind , if I have the following whereby Project A deploys Project B using a “Deploy Release Step”

Environment
Test Project A Project B
Production Project A

If I decide to deploy to production, will I get a warning in the pre-deployment screen that Project B is not setup in the “Production” environment or will it just do the deployment and fail when it needs to deploy Project B. What actually happens as nowhere in the documentation says what might happen.

Thank you very much

Hi @NutRyan

Thanks for getting in touch - this is a great question! In a case like this, Octopus will throw an error that Project B isn’t scoped to the deployment environment, and will fail the installation.

I hope this helps, please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.