Question about licenses

“Octopus: Community edition is free for small teams, even for commercial use. It allows you to deploy up to five projects to up to ten target machines, and is limited to five users. Simply download Octopus and start a 45-day trial. At the end of the trial you can choose to continue using the Community edition for free. Happy deployments!”

Does this mean 5 projects to up to ten target machines per client if doing this commercially?

Hi @Nathan,

Thanks for reaching out. Since 3.0.24 we changed our licensing model, and instead of having 5 projects, 5 users and 10 Deployment targets, we simplified it to just having 20 resources that you can allocate as you want. For example you could have:

• 18 projects
  • 1 User
  • 1 Target

The same logic applies to Professional and Team licenses, as well as the Community one.

Best regards,
Dalmiro

I’m confused about this. How can the usage be the same when on your webpage: octopus.com/purchase
it says that Professional gets 20 users, 20 projects and 20 target machines, and Team gets 60 users, 60 projects and 60 target machines ?

Hi Nathan,

Sorry If I wasn’t clear enough! I was trying to say that the logic of “having x amount of resources you can allocate as you want” is shared across the different licencing levels. Like this:

• For Professional instead of having 20 users, 20 projects and 20 targets, you have 60 resources you can allocate as you want.

• For Team instead of 60/60/60 you have 180 resources to allocate.

Hope its more clear now :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Dalmiro

Ok that makes sense. Thank you.