Public accessible URL

Hi,

I’m trying to create a public accessible URL.

I’ve entered one in via the Octopus Portal. Before this we logged in using server:9090

Added a new web binding octopus-companyname.com port 80 but even internally I’m getting ‘site can’t be reached’

Could you please assist?

Regards,

Dan

Hi @daniel.witter

Thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like something may be blocking port 80 - could there be a firewall/proxy or something similar that may be blocking it?

If you haven’t read it already, we have some documentation on exposing Octopus here - Exposing Octopus - Octopus Deploy and also some documentation on bindings here - Expose the Octopus Web Portal over HTTPS - Octopus Deploy

I hope this helps point you in the right direction, please let me know how you get on!

Regards,

Hi Stuart,

Are you able to have two bindings on the same port? Because I tried that as I still get site cannot be reached.

I tried port 80 previously and set an inbound and outbound rule to allow it but that didn’t work either.

Regards,

Dan

You won’t be able to set two bindings on the same port, I don’t believe the Octopus Manager would let you do that.

Could you try a different port number, please? It may be that port 80 is already in use by something. Could you also try disabling the windows firewall briefly to test if that works?

Regards,

Hi,

I turned it off still no luck so I deleted all the bindings and instead of the working server:9090 I tried octopus-companyname.com:9090 but that didn’t work. I switched it all back and it worked.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi @daniel.witter

Thanks for trying those steps. You say switching it all back worked - is that you in a good state now?

Regards,

correct

Great to hear! Thank you for letting me know.

Regards,

Do you know what could be causing that issue? Even when using a port I know works it will only work with servername:9090?

Hi @daniel.witter

Sorry, I thought you were saying that deleting and re-adding the bindings got it working for you. Could it be a DNS entry issue?

Regards,

I’ll contact networks, I tried servername:80 and that works so to get a public accessible url would that also require a DNS entry?

Hi @daniel.witter

Great to hear that servername:80 works. Yes, your network team will be able to arrange everything needed to make sure it is accessible externally.

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.