Promote package step with OctoPackNuGetProperties options

Hi Octopus team,

I’ve been playing a LOT with octopus in the past months as it probably sounds crazy and I don’t know if this can be done but would be great to be able to handle some static files thorough the replacement tokens AKA OctoPackNuGetProperties flag, a good example would be the robots.txt file.

This means you don’t have to handle this in pre/post build powershell steps.
What do you think about it ?

Thanks,
Ale

Hi Ale,

You should already be able to replace variables using this feature: http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Configuration+files#Configurationfiles-VariablesInFilesReplacingvariablesoutsideappSettings,applicationSettingsandconnectionStrings

Have you tried that already? If you have and it hasn’t worked, can you explain a bitmore how you’d like to modify your robots.txt file? a quick example showing me how it looks pre and post variable replacement would be the best.

Thanks,
Dalmiro

also please let me know which version of Octopus you are using

Hi Dalmiro,

I think the “Additional Configuration Transforms” box only supports xdt, that’s fine.

What I want is a whole file replacement “Content\robots_txt\robots.Staging.txt” to robots.txt that’s why I mentioned the replacement tokens above.

Make sense ?

Thanks,
Ale

Hi Ale,

Sorry I totally misunderstood your initial message. Please disregard my previous reply!

Octopack uses a dummy .nuspec file when it cant find one on the project. If you add one to the root of your project, you could make use of the replacement features of the nuspec file.

Other than that, you’ll have to go the Powershell way.

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Ok Dalmiro,

Powershell then seems like the only way, again this was a suggestion, some how include a file-replacement textbox like the “Additional Configuration Transforms” for files like the robots.txt, licenses, etc…

Thank you,
Ale

Please feel free to log the sugestion in Uservoice: https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/

Regards,
Dalmiro